Thursday, August 8, 2013

Confluence Street Festival

Hi guys!

Short post this week, as I am working at a local Worship Camp and have limited free time to update blogs.

The camp started this past Monday and continues until Friday evening. Local middle and high school students are attending, and I am co-leading a praise team! We have been working on developing 2 worship songs for a worship concert on Friday night. I can't wait to see everybody come together then!

Also, this past weekend, I volunteered with a Young Adults group from Faith Bible Chapel at a street festival, organized by Confluence Ministries in downtown Denver. We were in charge of preparing and serving food for the community.

The street festival had lots of booths for attendees to learn about local businesses, ministries, etc. There were also booths for free services, like haircuts, and fun activities for kids.

Once we started serving food, we were preoccupied for several hours, but I managed to snap a few pics before then. Here they are:

These guys worked crazy hard to grill tons of hamburgers & hot dogs
And this crew worked on wrapping up the food to be handed out
We helped out with the snow cones, too!
My main task was to keep re-filling the chips for optimum selection :)


That's basically what I have been up do lately here in Denver. Hope you enjoyed the pics, and I will post more interesting thoughts & happenings next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment